Friday, May 16, 2008

Getting Re(t)a(i)l

OK, so that's an awkward title for a post! But I'm actually excited that yesterday I took delivery of a credit card terminal so we can put through those sales that I've been whining about. I'm waiting on a call from the helpful technician from NACCA, who sent us the machine. He'll run me through how to operate the thing, and we'll be off.

It's a step backwards technologically speaking, since we started out being set up for doing the transactions with them for the internet store. But since that's about to close up shop, we had to make alternate arrangements so that we could still have the convenience of offering the convenience of plastic at our shows.

This company has been helpful and supportive throughout the entire chaotic experience with TIAS. They actually speak with me on the phone, and answer their emails within hours, if not minutes, of getting them. Yes, I'm still a mite titchy about the treatment we had at the hands (-off) of TIAS.

So we'll be able to do the manual imprinting at the shows, and run each transaction through the terminal at home (or wherever we are, as long as we have electricity and a phone line) and that will be it. What a relief. And, what an advantage!

....The training for the terminal unit was a breeze. I was able to key in the transaction that I had left over from the West Palm Beach show. So great not to have to worry about the website coordination to do these! This is older generation technology - you need a land line for the phone, and a plug. None of this handheld wireless stuff - but then, this IS an antiques business. Aw! Isn't that cute! (But I loved it!)

No comments: