Monday, June 2, 2008

Building up a store


I've got this sense of deja vue that I just can't shake - and for good reason. Taking photographs, doing research, putting items into the online store... I've been here before. Yet this time around it feels so much better. I feel so much more my own boss at eCrater, a freedom and a responsibility at the same time. I don't quite know what a metatag is, but I know it's important! And what the heck is Squidoo? Yet another form of self promotion, and it's free, so I'm going to do it.

I've begun putting some of the Wedgwood Jasperware items on the site. We have so many, it is going to be a regular department store by the time I'm done. Today's picture is of a very pretty, deep rose teapot. Yes, it's fully functional, glazed on the interior. Unusual in that it has a trivet or stand on which to place the teapot. I think we found this piece at an antique store in Tarpon Springs, long before we ever thought of having our own business.

The most famous of Josiah Wedgwood's inventions was Jasperware. The unglazed vitreous body provides the perfect background for classic scenes in bas-relief.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you!

Time Travelers said...

I love you too!

green tea said...

Oh that is a beautyful teapot indeed. My nana had a whole set of wedgwood, but the blue/white kind. I think my aunt got it when she died tho.

pity

btw, I love you too