Saturday, June 28, 2008

Time to ease up on those garage sales, buddy!

Yikes, is all I can say. Weekend after weekend of relentless pursuit of hours of garage sales. The dining room table never really gets emptied of Incoming! - that is, items to be logged in, to be researched, to be priced, to be cleaned, tagged, and wrapped up for future sale. It started to get to me. I missed seeing the wooden surface of my dining room table.

So I've called a halt, for the moment, to the influx of Finds and Treasures into the House of Trautman. Just long enough probably to clean the place up for a little bit, but it feels good. I have a really lovely table underneath all the stuff!

And yes, let me say it here - I'm not the person who has been doing all that shopping every weekend. I'm perfectly content to sit with the morning newspaper for a few hours, enjoy my coffee, and relax. Bob, on the other hand, is a man on a mission. He's prepared with the newspaper listings for the sales for the weekend, and his GPS unit for the car, and raring to go before 7AM!! As I've mentioned before, I don't really enjoy the garage sales, for several reasons: the quality of the items offered is often quite suspect; the prices are all too often way beyond what they should be (more like retail); and, more and more, we're spending the precious commodity of increasingly expensive fuel dashing all over the county - for the UNKNOWN. Never mind that it's summertime in Florida. By 9AM it's already insufferably hot and you really can't stay outside for very long.

So, most times, Bob has been doing the garage saleing solo. But he's been coming home with some substantial hauls some weekends, and we're quickly running out of storage... I'm running out of patience as far as being able to keep pace with the onslaught of treasures coming into the house.

So we're taking a little break from shopping for now. Thank goodness.

1 comment:

green tea said...

yowzers tt, you got Bob working hard!

(((bob))) good for him!

I hope you can get caught up, as if that were possible...

hugs,
-gT