Monday, June 9, 2008

Growing the store


I've got the Attributes thang down! And figured out how to copy an item, so now when I add something new to the store, I select something that is similar (in type and maybe color, if I'm lucky), and the attributes are copied over along with the rest of the file. This rocks - it saves SO much time.

I put Bob on to the task of the metatags and description, since I totally didn't know what I was doing there. He found a free metatag analyzer through the eCrater forums (which also rock - so many resources there) and spent over an hour tweaking the words to get the percentages up. It turned out that my blind shot in the dark wasn't so bad in the first place - we had a better than average outcome with the keywords I had originally chosen. Dropping the extraneous "ands" and what I call fluffy words helped to get the numbers up.

And every time you add more items to your store, or you sell stuff, it's worth running the analyzer again, because it can change your numbers. I don't know if this is hard science or snake oil, though... hard to tell without any sales yet.

And Bob was flummoxed by Squidoo! At least I wasn't the only one :-) I'm going to give it another go, though, and see if I can't make some more sense of what on earth those lenses are all about!

Today's picture is of an absolutely lovely piece of Carnival Glass that Bob found this past weekend. This is a tumbler from the Dugan and Diamond's Storks and Rushes pattern, which was made between 1920 and 1931. This color is called Marigold - you also see it in Blue. The iridescence is just so very pretty in this piece, and it's in perfect shape. The mold markings are very bold and pronounced, which is perfectly acceptable. This pattern was reissued later on, by Westmoreland, but was marked as such with a "W" - which this tumbler lacks. By deduction, it's an original.

No comments: