Thursday, June 12, 2008

Well, I'm impressed!

The store at eCrater has been open around a week or so - and we've got our first sales transaction in progress. I've specified that we'll accept payment of money orders and bank checks in addition to being able to go through Google Checkout, and we've had an inquiry from a customer who doesn't have a credit card. There are plenty of folks out there who either choose not to have them, or don't really trust the privacy of their information on the internet, I'm thinking. We won't accept personal checks, and we'll only take money orders in US funds - I think this covers our behinds fairly completely.

So I've told her the total amount necessary to buy and ship the product - in this case, the Big Bob Goes Fishing Teapot - and, as they say, "the check is in the mail."

This is already more traffic and business than we ever had at that Other Place, so I'm tickled pink. Of course, the real satisfaction will be when the money order arrives, but I'm sure we've got a transaction in progress here.

So happy, so relieved, so - yes, I'm going to say it here - proud of what we've done in this short time!

3 comments:

Time Travelers said...

I think this sale has fallen through. The customer's last email to me was a request to send payment COD, which is against our terms. (I don't know if a fast one was trying to be pulled, but I was polite and said, No, we require payment in full, the payment has to clear the bank, and then your order will ship LIKE IT SAYS ON THE WEBSITE.) People do not read websites.

I'm not worried - other, regular sales will come. This was a nibble.

Time Travelers said...

Or it's back on again - now she wants an additional teapot. She still doesn't comprehend that we won't ship COD though. I've tried telling again when I gave her the revised total. We'll see what happens.

Time Travelers said...

I'm still shaking my head at this one. This morning she was still wanting me to send the order out to her COD. Which I didn't agree to, and so - no order. I can't make it any clearer than I do (I think I said it to her 3 times in emails). she didn't want to get burned and I didn't want to take the risk. Stalemate. Sigh.